Establish and publish a formal career path within the call center. Call centers with internal advancement opportunities often have increased retention rates and better employee satisfaction. During recruiting initiatives, having advancement opportunities within the call center will appeal to highly qualified candidates. Publish the career path and encourage employees to achieve milestones that can help them qualify to move to the next step on the ladder. For example, milestones or minimum goals to achieve the level of a CSR 2 might include the following:
- Minimum of six months as a CSR 1
- Consistently meets productivity goals such as call volume, talk time, etc.
- Excellent attendance, reliability, and flexibility
- Positive attitude
- Completion of one enrichment course
- Recognize associates as they reach various milestones such as training completion and anniversaries (6 month, 1 year, 2 years on-the-job, etc.).